Loras College | Dubuque, IA
Explore how to get into and be successful in your college of choice; discover the leader within.
This Midwestern-based conference was developed in cooperation with Loras College. This powerful program is designed to help high-achieving students apply, get accepted and graduate from the college of their choice. The unique curricular approach of this program broadens the scope of experiential learning to bring out leadership qualities that can also help students excel in career and life.What you can learn
- Develop a Personal Success Plan taking you from high school to career that includes your personal mission, vision and supporting action plan
- Strengthen critical academic behaviors and leadership skills, such as self-management, communication, collaboration and creativity
- Identify and evaluate various leadership and ethical systems
What you can experience
- Participate in seminars and workshops devoted to college admissions, selection and successful completion
- Discover the power of effective communication and collaboration utilizing case studies based on historical figures, like Margaret Thatcher and Abraham Lincoln.
- Prepare yourself to become a transformational leader
Know what it takes to be a leader — Effective leadership not only requires great personal vision, it requires that you know how to express your vision so that others can see it, believe it, and work with you to achieve it.At the Midwest Summit On Leadership, Ethics & College Success you can:
- Learn about leadership and your abilities to influence those around you in your community through service. You’ll be tasked with assisting your team in developing a service project in the conference’s simulation that can then be implemented in your own community.
- Work as a team member in hands-on leadership workshops that focus on real life situations that leaders face today.
- Make new friends and meet students from around the country who share your passion to excel and lead others.
- Explore the host university and its surrounding city.
- Know what it’s like to attend a prominent college or university including Columbia University, DePaul University, University of California at Berkeley, UCLA, and Stanford University.
Find your voice. Make it heard.
- College Accredited, Academic Curriculum
- Practice personal leadership development with an emphasis on communication skills, team building, critical thinking, public speaking, goal setting, time management, conflict resolution, and decision making
- Participate in an interactive leadership curriculum involving many of the same activities used for skill training in international corporations and government agencies
- Explore leadership theory, principles, and styles
- Engaging Faculty & Guest Speakers
- Gain access to Academic and Professional Leaders in diverse fields
- Collegiate Experience & College Enrollment Seminars
- Experience College Life from challenging academics to dormitory living
- Gain an important head start in the Preparation for College and the College Admission Process
- Friends & Support for a Lifetime
- Develop a network of Fellow Scholars, Friends, and Mentors
A DAY AT MIDWEST SUMMIT ON LEADERSHIP, ETHICS & COLLEGE SUCCESS
|7:30 – 8:30||Breakfast|
|8:45 - 9:30||College Options & Selection Workshop|
|9:45 - 11:00||Leadership Workshop: Conflict Resolution|
|11:30 - 12:30||Lunch|
|1:00 - 5:00||Leadership Challenge|
|5:00 - 6:00||Dinner|
|6:00 - 7:00||Goal Setting and the Principles of Self-Management|
|7:30 - 9:00||Leadership Simulation: Critical Thinking and Time Management|
|9:00 - 10:00||Social Event|
*This is a sample day and examples of lectures, excursions and activities each program may include. All speakers and events are subject to availability and change, without notice, before or after the start of a conference.
Guest Speakers & Organizations Include:
LeadAmerica wishes to thank Participating Institutions for generously making their facilities and personnel available to students enrolled in certain LeadAmerica programs.
Dates, Location and Tuition
Complete tuition, enrollment and other conference details can be found in the Application and Enrollment & Other Details included in your invitation package and in the online application.
|Please pay careful attention, as dates may have changed from printed material.||
2013 Summer Leadership, Ethics & College Success Forum*
|Location||City||2013 Program Date||Tuition||Tuition & Travel Insurance||College Credits Available|
|Loras College||Dubuque, IA||June 23 – June 28||$995||$109||1||Enroll|
- A full schedule of classes, briefings, lectures and simulations
- Certificate of Completion
- Housing accommodations at a University/College dormitory
- All on-campus meals ***
- Course materials and lab fee
- Transportation as needed for off-site activities, briefings and events
- Field trips and social events
- Program Faculty and on-site staff for supervision
- LeadAmerica T-shirt
* Dates and locations are subject to change.
** College Credit requires that the student successfully complete all aspects of the program (see college credit information on our website for more details). Midwest Summit On Leadership, Ethics & College Success 6 Day Conference is accredited for one (1) college credit which is optional and not included in the tuition. The college credit (normally $475) is available at the reduced rate of $299.
*** Students will need spending money for several off-site meals, souvenirs and incidentals.
Students are responsible for their own airfare or other travel costs to and from each conference location.